Monongahela Valley Hospital's Annual Medical Staff Symposium
(September 28, 2012 - Carroll Township, Pa.)
Experts in the fields of endocrinology, diabetes, metabolism, clinical medicine, and safe medication practices from noted medical centers throughout the United States will discuss the latest trends in "Diabetes Management in the 21st Century" during the 2012 Medical Staff Symposium Wednesday, Oct. 17, from 7:30 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Monongahela Valley Hospital's Anthony M. Lombardi Education and Conference Center.
The annual event is sponsored by Monongahela Valley Hospital and its medical staff and is designed to educate physicians, nurses and other health care professionals in diagnosis and management, treatment and prevention in effective and efficient methods that improve patient outcomes.
Upon completion of the program, participants should be able to:
- Understand the new developments in the evaluation and management of diabetes mellitus.
- Discuss the nuances in the use of insulin pumps.
- Discuss the early signs and management of diabetic nephropathy.
- Recognize the vascular problems in diabetes and approach to treatment.
- Describe the common preventable adverse events with opioid therapy and their causes.
Speakers will include:
- "Update on Diabetes Mellitus," by Allan Laurence Kennedy, M.D., department chair, Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism, Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio.
- "Diabetic Nephropathy," by Gerald Appel, M.D., professor of Clinical Medicine, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, N.Y.
- "Recent Advances in Vascular Surgery, with Attention to Peripheral Vascular Disease in Conjunction with Treatment of the Diabetic Patient," by Levester Kirksey, M.D., Cleveland Clinic, Cleveland, Ohio.
- "Focus on Medication Errors: Essential Strategies to Ensure Safe Opioid Use," by Matthew Grissinger, RPh, FISMP, FASCP, director, Error Reporting Programs Institute for Safe Medication Practices, Horsham, Pa.
Monongahela Valley Hospital is accredited by the Pennsylvania Medical Society to provide continuing medical education for physicians. This live activity is designated for a maximum of 5.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™. In addition, MVH will provide 5.0 CE for nurses in accordance with Pennsylvania Professional Law Section 12.
A registration fee of $25 includes a continental breakfast and lunch. For more information, call 724-258-1988 or
Current News | More Headlines
About MVH |
Visitor Information | Find
a Physician | Specialties and Services
Services | Careers &
Volunteers | News & Events | Reference
and Education | Contact Us | Home
Monongahela Valley Hospital: 1163 Country Club Road, Monongahela,
PA 15063, 724-258-1000
© 2016 Mon-Vale Health Resources, Inc. | MVH
Notice of Privacy Practices | All rights reserved.